Saturday, November 7, 2015

Altered Tea Box


Well now that Halloween is over we are all starting to move towards Thanksgiving and Christmas creations. I just wasn't too sure what to create. I have so many things in this bin that need to be altered and I haven't played with the Coffee & Tea Set, so I set off to create.

I have this wood box that I painted long ago. I thought it would be perfect for holding my various teas! What do you think?


I loved adding everything to this box and making a fancier holder for my teas!


I covered all my pieces of with gesso and them used Distress Paints on the Fern Fronds and Chalk Inks on the tea pot.


I added glossy accents to the wire part of the kettle. 


I added some glass glitter to the Stackable Label.


You can see here the box is deep and a great size for storing teas in. Of course metal cans are nice too so I may have to do one for coffee next!



Items Used:

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! The colour and finish on the tea pot is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete