Saturday, November 28, 2015

A Very Deer Canvas by Shanna

Hello to all you crafters out there. I am excited to share a new altered canvas I created for some change in weather inspiration for you. Also with Thanksgiving this past week I know some people love to get those Christmas decorations out and get started on the season.
So first I covered everything with gesso. Then I added some various sprays, paints, and inks to achieve the look I desired.

For the deer I just covered the chipboard with gesso and after that dried a thin layer of Crackle Accents. After letting the Crackle Accents dry I went over the deer with some Distress Ink so it got into the cracks and then used a paper towel to wipe off the extra ink. The Crackle will act as a resist!
I did the same thing with a leftover piece I had from the Wrought Iron Set. I just love this technique.
I added some stamping and flowers with a word I cut out. With Winter well on it's way I thought this project would inspire you to get into some cold weather themed projects!


Items Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment