Thursday, February 27, 2020

I Can't Adult Today - Mixed Media Card

Today I have a (reasonably) quick card for you using Flourish Frame Connie, a photo, some paper, paint and a little stamping.  Here's what we are aiming for today.



This is the frame I am going to use, make sure to give it a wipe down before starting to work with it.  I am also going to use one of these Marie Antoinette photos that I printed out.



Pop out any remaining bits from the frame before starting to paint it.


This time around I am using this Sunset Gold Jacquard Lumiere paint that I have had for forever and it never seems to run out!



Turns out I am also going to be using a lot of this Vintaj Patina in Bronze because it was clogged and I squeezed it really hard and well, I have all this to use now, instead of the little bit I had planned to use.  I knew that would happen so it's all good lol



Here's the frame all painted and left to dry while I work on some other elements.



I chose this photo with Marie in the pretty blue dress, and used the frame to draw around where I needed to cut the photo so it wouldn't show through.


Don't worry about that little white bit at the top, we will totally hide it with a sharpie and some paint splodges.


See, can't even see the join, now can you?  The frame was also given a touch up with the copious amounts of Bronze patina I mentioned above.



This lovely pink scrapbook paper by Maja Design is just perfect for that old wallpaper look to hang my painting on.



I don't really like to use paper untreated in some way, so I did a bit of sponging around the edges using the same Sunset Gold paint and also the Pearl Magenta in the same range.



Something is still needed to complete my card... ah yes a snarky sentiment from this stamp set perhaps.


And something to display it on, like this little plaque cut from this Spellbinders set.  I stamped on the sentiment using my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform and some Onyx Black Archival Ink, then used a little (very little) Antique Linen Distress Ink to make the white card less white.  When that was done, I edged the little plaque with some gold Icing Paste.


In case you felt like going in another direction with this card, here's another option - use something pretty like this LOVELY metallic diecut from Prima.



All that remained was to mount the card onto a card base and that's our finished card.



I hope you enjoyed this quick card tutorial and that it will inspire you to make your own cards or other projects using this lovely frame.

Till next time,

Elle
Empireofthecat

GSL products used - Flourish Frame Connie D6K





2 comments: