Saturday, February 22, 2020

He Made His Own Bouncy House by Betsy Skagen

  
This project began with my scavenging from my box of rusty hardware and selecting an old spring, a couple bolts, some screws, a handle and some sort of doo-dad. 

Next, I assembled one of my go-to favorites, the Mini House Shadowbox 4 and adhered pages from and old Electrical Manual to both the inside and outside. 

After darkening the edges of the box with brown ink. I protected the old paper with a coat of matte medium. 

Next, I stamped the Inventor's Mother Mixed Media Stamp using embossing ink onto white cardstock, covered the iron grid portion with Black Magic Baked Texture and activated with heat gun. I fussy cut out the grid and glued to the inside back of the box
It was time to relax with a little more fussy cutting of one of the boys from Vintage Children #2. I don't know about you, but I find fussy cutting very relaxing! The only problem is that you can't do it and binge watch Netflix. 

After adhering the rusty hardware and doo-dad in place (the screws took a little patience), I glued the boy at the top of the spring and added a cute little vintage dog.  

Next, I covered a wooden spool with brown ink and glued it to the base of the house. 


To finish the project, I printed my cheeky bouncy house message, rubbed it with a little Tea Dye Distress Ink


Great Stuff

Embossing ink
Eileen Hull Black Magic Baked Texture Embossing Powder
Rusty hardware and doo-dad
Old dog figurine
White cardstock
Beacon Fabri-Tac
Lock-Tite
Wooden spool
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Tea Dye Distress Ink


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful world you have created for your young inventor to explore in. But I’m not a fan of fussy cutting I’ll leave that for you and others while I work on perfecting my rusty urban decay techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I love this, and the big spring. There used to be a kid's TV show called The Magic Roundabout and one of the characters, Zebedee, had a giant spring instead of legs. Your little boy reminded me of him. Here's a look at him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTBDnj0Cgc

    ReplyDelete