I’ve always loved the textures of vintage time worn carpets and the images of religious iconic bleeding hearts. These are the inspirations for this installment.
1. Make copies of digital images of carpets, bleeding hearts, and Victorian Vignettes adjusting the sizes to fit onto GSLC Trading Coasters.
2. Paint edges of GSLC 4 Inch Trading Coasters with Art Deco Rust Painted Finishes.
4. Cut and gently sand edges with sandpaper block.
5. Paint edges again of GSLC 4 Inch Trading Coasters with Art Deco Rust Painted Finishes
7. Edge GSLC 2.5 Inch Trading Coasters with Rub ‘n Buff Autumn Gold.
10. Add more Rub ‘N buff Autumn Gold to edges of GSLC 2.5 Inch Trading Coasters.
12. Antique hearts with a wash of water and black acrylic paint.
13. Wrap GSLC 4 Inch Trading Coasters with red rayon thread securing with scotch tape then reseal with Art Deco Triple Thick Glaze.
14. Wrap GSLC 2.5 Inch Trading Coasters with copper rayon thread securing with scotch tape then reseal with Art Deco Single Step Crackle Glaze.
16. Layer GSLC 2.5 Inch Trading Coasters and GSLC 4 Inch Trading Coasters placing small pieces of Sarong Silk Ribbon between the layers securing with Weldbond.
17. Use Metal Clamps to keep them tightly secured together.
Some Final Thoughts.
To further the textures of the vintage carpets I added rayon threads and remnants of satin sarong ribbons.
The Sacred Heart symbolizes the deepest love that can exist in the Roman Catholic Practice. It is to symbolize Jesus Christ’s Actual Heart and His love for all of humanity. I find the images riveting and intriguing. May the layers portrayed in these art pieces comfort you and encourage you to acts of sacrificial love.
Supplies: Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-4 Inch Trading Coasters, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-2.5 Inch Trading Coasters, Digital Images of Vintage Carpets, Bleeding Hearts and Victorian Vignettes, Art Deco Rust Painted Finishes, Paintbrush, Weldbond, Scissors, Sandpaper Block, Art Deco Triple Thick Glaze, Rub ‘n Buff Autumn Gold, Deco Art One Step Crackle Finish, Wash of Water and Black Acrylic Paint, Rayon Thread of Red and Copper, Scotch Tape, Sarong Silk Ribbon
I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this project. Share it on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Craft Group Page on Facebook. I would love to see what new creations you are working on!