1. Take GSLC Alphabet Stencil Blanks from Package.
2. Print Images of your choosing to represent each letter, I have decided upon a Monsters and Mysterious Creatures one and not sure what I will find.
3. I am using 3 small 5" by 7" inch IKEA wooden frames to showcase each of the letters.
4. I am a texture type of guy so I want to alter the frames and give them added interest. I want them to look similar but not the same like they are part of a collection.
5. For the first frame I used various Ice Resin Enamels in German Silver and Torched Copper and Embossing Enamels in Aged Hunter and Aged Copper. I layered them and cured with a heating tool. This method can also be used on any of the GSLC chipboards as I will probably use later in my project.
6. I added Tim Holts Distress Sprays in Walnut Stain to add additional patina.
7. The second frame was aged using Finnabair rust pastes in greens, browns, and orange placed on randomly with a paintbrush. I then used transparent burnt sienna ink to fill in any empty spaces. Once again this technique can be used on any of the GSLC chipboard pieces.
8. The final frame was given a patina using Tim Holtz Distress Grit-Paste and Ferro-Copper Paste applied with a thin plastic spatula using a Snake Skin Stencil and further distressing with alcohol inks in browns and greens. Once again this technique can be used on any of the GSLC chipboard pieces.
9. For altering the GSLC Alphabet Stencil Blanks this time I will be Infusion Coloured Stains and a spray bottle of water.
10. I used different colors on both the GSLC Alphabet Stencil "K" and X". You can sprinkle them both on a nonporous surface and spray with water bottle or sprinkle directly onto chipboards and then mist with a water bottle. As they are water based and if they will be exposed to the elements they should be sealed in a matte medium.
11. Find complimentary pieces metal for the backgrounds of you GSLC Alphabet Framed Designs. I used red for the "K", and a copper for the "X".
12. Cut and glue the appropriate images for each of Framed letters, securing with Weldbond.
13. Our GSLC Alphabet Stencils are complete for Letters "K" and "X" and actually for the whole collection.
Some final thoughts.
"K" is for King Kong, the story of a caged animal who just wanted to find love and to roam free.
Supplies: Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Alphabet Stencil Blanks, 3 small 5" by 7" inch IKEA wooden frames, Matte Medium Ice Resins in Torched Copper and German Silver, Aged Hunter and Aged Copper Embossing Enamel, Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain in Walnut, Heating Tool, Finnabair Rust Pastes in Greens, Browns, and Orange, Transparent Burnt Sienna Ink, Paint Brush, Versa mark Ink Pad, Embossing Powders-Tarnished Gold, Copper, Wendy Vecchi Red Geranium, PEARLustre Lapis, and Ranger Black Sparkle, Pieces of scrapbook papers for the backgrounds, Various Printed Images of Monster and Mysterious Creatures using Inkjet Printer and paper, and Weldbond.