Sunday, September 15, 2019

Skeleton Arch Halloween Decor

Hello there friends and crafty peeps! Ginny here to share a spooktacular off the page holiday project.
 It's a little bit cheeky and a little bit whimsical and a lotta bit fun!
I had a good play in my mixed media supplies. I wish I had more time to explore with these crafty stash items as it was sooo much fun.  And also messy lol.
I went for a fairly traditional color scheme here and was able to use some of my handcrafted flowers to embellish it.
I selected the chippies I wanted to use and wiped them down to prepare them for altering.
I gave the backside of the arch a simple coat of black paint Then allowed it to dry. I loosly traced the shape onto patterned paper. No need to worry about fussy cutting as the raw edge will be hidden under the next layer of chipboard. I painted the skeleton in flat white acrylic but the camera ate the picture so I can't show you that step.
More flat black paint for the top of the arch and spiderweb. I made sure to coat the outside and inside edge of the arch for a nice finished look all the way around.
Starting a base for the finished arch top. A little black embossing powder added randomly then heat set adds texture and a bit of shine.
I did the same process for then next two colors of embossing powder alternating and heat setting between each color.

A little Stickles added to the spiderweb for detail.

~Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts~Arch Top TriptychSkeleton Shape Set, Spiderweb Shape Set.

2 comments:

  1. I live ttecvintage traditional appeal of this project! Halloween at its finest. Nice project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Ginny! Loving all the Halloween decor projects.

    ReplyDelete