Sunday, September 1, 2019

Butterfly Greeting Card

Hello there friends and crafty peeps! Ginny here to share a greeting card I created with some beautiful GSL chippies.
Lately I've been enjoying creating cards without specific greetings. This makes them super practical to use for just about any occasion. 

 Those butterflies are a great focal point and the chicken wire chippie makes for a lovely textural backdround and helps to fill in the space.
I think the wood grain patterned paper creates a nature inspired look.

Flowers layered with die cut leaves and a few berry picks help to fill in this corner.
To carry the theme up to the top of the card I added a few butterfly charms and an additional flower.
I chose the chipboards I wanted to work with and wiped them to down to prepare them for altering.
Flat white acrylic works great on the chicken wire. Don't worry about getting it perfectly coated the mottled effect makes it look extra vintagy. The butterflies were finished simply with embossing powder then heat set for a nice shiny surface.

Wishing everyone a happy and productive day : ) G

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts: Chicken Wire, Butterflies and Dragonflies.

1 comment:

  1. Really beautiful and nice to mix butterflies with the honeycomb. Also my favorite colors!!

    ReplyDelete