Tuesday, August 14, 2018

"Study" Composition Box

Hello crafty friends!  It's Susan here on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog today, and I have a peek into a curious person's study.  I don't know if a mad scientist lives here or just a collector of ... oddities.  I can only imagine what's tucked into corners all over the room!


I started with the Composition Box 25 -- laying out all of my pieces before gluing together with white craft glue.  This kit actually comes with laser cut key and the number 25, but I've set those pieces aside for future use.



 I gathered bits and pieces to make sure I had enough to fill this study wall.


Feet first!  I marked the position of the feet for brads.  I used both a nail and a small pokey thing to make holes.  Feet won't get added until AFTER the composition box is covered with papers.




In the photo below, all papers have been added with Modge Podge except the inside bottom.  Before adding the feet I sanded the edges of papers. I added the feet with brads and a bit of E-6000, then layered the inside decorative paper to cover the brads.

The composition box edges were painted black with a foam brush and allowed to dry.  The complete box was then covered with a clear matte varnish.


Small boxes were painted with black acrylic.


Since this box will have a hanging cage, I poked a hole in the top to accommodate the hanging wire.  It will be covered with cheese cloth and a skull later.


Once my boxes were filled and adhesives set, I used E-6000 to attach to the walls.


Once that set up overnight, I filled in the rest of the wall.


Thanks so much for visiting today!  I hope you find inspiration flipping through the blog pages.

Cheers,
Susan

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Used
Composition Box - 25 #C45AL


No comments:

Post a Comment