I was sort of hesitant about using this as a design team project because it's so easy and requires just a few simple supplies... but it's soooo stinkin' cute!
Fairy lanterns! Now, anyone who has experience with real fairies knows that it is not a good idea to stuff them into jars. They will pinch and nip and basically make your life unpleasant if you treat them rudely. These jars are a fairy friendly alternative. Perfectly dreamy as a little nightlight, or magical accent.
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts carries the Garden Fairy cutouts in three different sizes so you can create a variety of lanterns in an assortment of jars. And if fairies aren't your thing... well, there's always baby dragons from the Dragons Shape Set, floral elements, or whatever suits your fancy!
The tutorial can be found HERE but here are a few tips:
• Sticking the figures directly on the glass (generally) yields better, more detailed results
• Use two or three battery powered tea lights. More light = stronger silhouette effect.
• Take care how many layers of paper you use, how much overlap there is. (A little is ok.)
• Use thinner school glue for the paper and thicker tacky glue for the glitter
• DO NOT use real candles inside
Finally, the supply list:
• Gypsy Soul Garden Fairy cutouts
• Glass jam jars with lids
• Thin tissue paper
• White school glue
• Quality white glue
• Clear glitter
• Floral embellishments (THESE sugared blooms from Petaloo are gorgeous)
• Battery powered tealights or led string lights