Sunday, March 27, 2022

Upcycling Tin Can with GSL cut Chipboards



Greetings Everyone!!

This is Sneha for GSL cut DT with my first project. I have upcycled an old tin can into a desk organizer for my office. I love upcycling old stuff and am always of the lookout for possibilities to make them a décor for my office or home. This was an easy to make, upcycling project. I very much enjoyed the process of transforming the tin can into this beautiful organizer. I love the chipboard from gypsy soul laser cuts as I have used them here in this project (check out the supply list provided at the end of this post for more information!). These chipboards are intricately cut and sturdy for your projects. I Love them and I'm sure you all will too! Enjoy~


Here is the complete project breakdown in a few simple steps:

Firstly, I have prepared the surface of the can with white gesso before I set it down and allowed it to fully dry. 




Once the gesso was dry, I applied modeling paste through a stencil and allowed that to thoroughly dry as well.



For the next step, I applied some black acrylic paint over the dried stenciled modeling paste.



And once the paint was fully dried, I applied wax paste over it in order to highlight the modeling paste.






Next I prepared the embellishments. Here I have used Gsl cut chipboard, some flowers, some fussy cuts leaves and microbeads and star glitter mix. 

I embossed chipboards with white embossing powder sprinkled over gesso and heated it.  
Once embossed, I highlighted it with some metallic acrylic paint on the frame chipboards here and there. And to the base chipboard added some transfer papers to give it a bit of dimension.












Along with the layered frame chipboard, I have used flourish miniature chipboards and embossed them with white embossing powder.




Following that, I arranged these chipboards on the tin can as a focal point and fillers as per my liking. 
Thereafter, I added some medium sized pale white color flowers and arranged the fussy cut leaves. Finally, I added a few cutouts of inspiring words such as "love" "inspire" and "create" to complete the overall arrangement.



Once everything was settled according to my liking, I added a bit more glitter mix to really give a good aspect of depth to the project. And this completes the project! It was a very simple and easy upcycling project which got an overall, beautiful, enhanced look due to the GSL cut chipboards.

















I hope you all feel inspired by this upcycling project. I am quite eager to see some of your projects inspired by this one.

Stay crafty!

Supply list:



~ Sneha




2 comments: