Thursday, July 18, 2019

Coffee anyone?

Nancy's Confession:
I have a card stash.
It consists of hand made cards with no sentiments.
They're *just in case* cards.

And that's what I'm creating today.

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts has some fabulous new designs 
that just became available on their site

Today, I'm playing with the Ring Stains.


So these ring stains were put through the RING-er.
(I amuse myself)

The first layer for me when using 
Embossing Powder is almost always
VersaMark
and I use it direct to chipboard.


Next step was deciding on the color of powder.
I wanted it to look like coffee stains
so I first tried
Seth Apter's Ancient Amber embossing powder.


I love the way it looked but
when I put it up against the paper
it was a bit too brown for the paper
(although I love the color).

So another layer of VersaMark on top of the
embossed powder and I tried
another color of powder.
Still not right.

Another layer of VersaMark
and this time I tried 
Ranger's Antiquities Rust
(3 layers later)
and that had enough red in it for me.


Not that I drink reddish brown coffee
but it's always about the paper - right?

Using Stamperia paper 
and an old sticker I found in my stash
+
a couple of embellishments
and the card is ready.


So this one goes in my card stash
with a sentiment to be added later.

Thanks for visiting with me today.
Hope you enjoyed

3 comments:

  1. I love blank cards because like you say you never know when you’ll need one, I’ve done the layers too so completely understand.. the cards looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession time: I too have a card stash without sentiments - it has saved me on many occasions when I've needed a card ASAP. Love the coffee rings, and the experimenting with embossing powders to find one that was "just right".

    ReplyDelete