Sunday, July 28, 2019

Christmas in July Cards

Hi everyone!  Leigh Ann here for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts today.  In my recent design team box I received these circle and square holly frames that I absolutely loved.  I knew I wanted to make a card with one of them, but I couldn't decide which one I wanted to use.  So I made two cards and used both frames!




My first step was was to give both frames a coat of white gesso.  While that dried I dug out my Christmas supplies and picked out the papers and ephemera I wanted to use.  The papers are leftovers from old collections and the ephemera is from the Tim Holtz Christmas pack.  I then discovered my paper was more of an off white, so I gave the chipboard a coat of ivory chalk paint and it matched perfectly.


I assembled the base layers of my cards and attached my chipboard.  On the square frame, I snipped it in two corners to create an overlapping corner and a smaller square. 



Next I used an assortment of paper flowers, small pine cones, pine stems, and twine to embellish the cards.  I added Prima's snowflake paste to the edges of the pine cones and flowers to give them a soft snowy look. I used Unicorn Hair Sparks paint to color the centers of the white flowers. 





I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and have some ideas to get started on your Christmas cards!  I know I'm excited just having two completed this early in the year!

I used the following Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts products on these cards:
Holly Frame Circle
Holly Frame Square

3 comments:

  1. From Halloween to Christmas in one day. I love your colors and composition, perfect vintage nostalgia

    ReplyDelete