1. Take GSLC Alphabet Stencil Blanks from Package.
2. Print Images of your choosing to represent each letter, I have decided upon a Monsters and Mysterious Creatures one and not sure what I will find. I was inspired by Dave Bell Graphic Artist of Classic Monster Posters and will start with them.
3. I am using 3 small 5" by 7" inch IKEA wooden frames to showcase each of the letters.
4. I am a texture type of guy so I want to alter the frames and give them added interest. I want them to look similar but not the same like they are part of a collection.
5. For the first frame I used various Ice Resin Enamels in German Silver and Torched Copper and Embossing Enamels in Aged Hunter and Aged Copper. I layered them and cured with a heating tool. This method can also be used on any of the GSLC chipboards as I will probably use later in my project.
6. I added Tim Holts Distress Sprays in Walnut Stain to add additional patina.
7. The second frame was aged using Finnabair rust pastes in greens, browns, and orange placed on randomly with a paintbrush. I then used transparent burnt sienna ink to fill in any empty spaces. Once again this technique can be used on any of the GSLC chipboard pieces.
8. The final frame was given a patina using Tim Holtz Distress Grit-Paste and Ferro-Copper Paste applied with a thin plastic spatula using a Snake Skin Stencil and further distressing with alcohol inks in browns and greens. Once again this technique can be used on any of the GSLC chipboard pieces.
9. For altering the GSLC Alphabet Stencil Blanks this time I will be using Ferro Mettle Effect Colour Texture Paints.
10. I used Copper on the GSLC Alphabet Stencil "Q", Greengold and Steel on the GSLC Alphabet Stencil "E", and Copper, Gold and Greengold on the "U" .
11. Choose a Dragon, a Fairy, and a Unicorn from each of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Sets .
12. Find complimentary fabric pieces for the backgrounds of you GSLC Alphabet Framed Designs. I used a mesh fabric for the "E", I used a floral print for the "Q", and a rich scarlet magenta for the "U".
13. Cut and glue the appropriate images for each of Framed letters, securing with Weldbond.
14. Add the chosen Dragon, Fairy, and Unicorn from each of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Sets to add further depth to your designs. I did not alter these chipboards in any way but used them in their original beauty.
15. Our GSLC Alphabet Stencils are complete for Letters "E","Q" and "U"
Some final thoughts.
"E" is for elves, who come in many shapes and sizes, living in kingdoms, found in forest, meadows, and hollowed out trees.
"U" is for Unicorn, who is sure to be one of my favorite surprises, a magical creature who sometime teases .
Stay tuned for the next instillation of GSLC Alphabet Stencil Blanks. I cannot wait to see what new images I discover.
Supplies: Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Alphabet Stencil Blanks, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Dragons Shape Set, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Garden Fairies Medium, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Unicorns 3 small 5" by 7" inch IKEA wooden frames, Matte Medium Ice Resins in Torched Copper and German Silver, Aged Hunter and Aged Copper Embossing Enamel, Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain in Walnut, Heating Tool, Finnabair Rust Pastes in Greens, Browns, and Orange, Transparent Burnt Sienna Ink, Paint Brush, Ferro Metal Effects Colour Texture Paints in Copper, Gold, Steel and Greengold, a small plastic spatula, Pieces of fabric for the backgrounds, Various Printed Images of Monster and Mysterious Creatures using Inkjet Printer and paper, and Weldbond.
I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this project. Share it on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Craft Group Page on Facebook. I would love to see what new creations you are working on!