Monday, May 27, 2019

Spring Lantern

Hello this is Yolie with today's project. It's late May and in Southern California, we are still getting rain. Spring made an appearance with the Super Bloom, but then quickly disappeared. The plan was to make a Summer Lantern, but I'm still in the mood for Spring. I used the Lantern Cage Style and added a faux patina with lots of blooms.


To create the faux patina, I first painted all the pieces, front and back with metallic copper and allowed the paint to completely dry.
I then painted the pieces with black chalkboard paint and before the paint dried, wiped it off with a paper towel.
Next, I painted the pieces with aqua drift and again, before the paint dried, wiped it off with a paper towel.


I then assembled the Lantern using a bit of Beacon Power-Tac adhesives to secure it in place. 

I added pretty blooms and a couple of resin butterflies.


Here's a closeup of the beautiful faux patina. I added the butterfly as doorknob to easily open the lantern door and turn on the LED tea light.

Hoping Summer is delayed so I can enjoy the Spring Lantern a little longer.
Thank you so much for visiting today and enjoy your week.
Supply List:
Lantern Cage Style No. C41C
Plaid Crafts paints: Black Chalkboard, Metallic Copper, Aqua Drift
Beacon Power-Tac adhesive
Flowers
Resin butterflies
LED tea light

3 comments:

  1. I love this project Yolie! The patina is incredible and the way you have adorned the lantern is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ann the patina is incredible and I cannot wait to buy these colors and try the technique myself. Thanks for the inspiration. What a stunning project!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yolie, this is beautiful! Have to try the patina technique.

    ReplyDelete