Thursday, October 18, 2018

It's time for a Christmas tag . . .


Hi Everyone.

Coming to you from Nancy-land with a super simple Christmas tag a la Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts. From October thru December it seems as if time gets away from me (and everyone else I'm thinking). So something simple that takes only 15 minutes is right up my alley.


I began with this set of tags: Chipboard Decorative Tags Large

and wanted to add a layered frame:  Layered Frame Victoria Oval


Using a 6x6 Christmas paper pad, I wallpapered one of the tags. Since the paper pad was a bit shy, I used a circle punch and another piece of paper and layered a circle on the top of the tag.


Next, I painted the background layer of the frame with gold crackle paint and the top layer with dark green acrylic.


Tracing the outline of the frame, I chose a saying from the same paper pad and added that to the background frame with spongy pop-ups.


I like to add the year to each tag so I used the Miniature Bookplate shape set. Choosing one of the bookplates, I painted that with the same gold crackle paint and added an off-white piece of cardstock with the year.



Adding pearls and edging the tag with a glue stick and press on foil rounds out the finished tag.


15 minutes start to finish! And I'm ready for Christmas . . . at least my tags are!

Thanks for visiting today!

It's your turn!
Show us your tags on the 

1 comment: