Saturday, October 6, 2018

Haunted Mansion Shadowbox

I grew up near Orlando and have been to Disney World dozens and dozens of times. My absolute favorite ride is the Haunted Mansion and it's what I had in mind when I saw the GSL Small Haunted House Shadowbox and Small Haunted House Window Trims which are available at Alpha Stamps.
The box portion has a back, top, bottom and two sides. It also has four easily assembled pieces that make up the separators for the interior sections. Once assembled, the shadowbox is one inch deep.
The chipboard front has window and door sections cut out. For the front of the house, I chose a Tim Holtz Idea-ology paper in a brick color. 
I glued the paper onto the shadowbox cover using tacky glue. Once it was dry, I used an X-Acto knife to remove the paper from the window and door sections.
The real Haunted Mansion is the large stones set into the brick at the building's corners. For my miniature version, I fashioned corner stones from scraps of thin chipboard that were very easy to cut. 
These pieces were painted with cream colored acrylic paint (as were the window trims) and aged with a Ranger vintage photo ink pad before gluing into place.
I painted the shadow box interior with black acrylic paint and started adding a few printed images. The trims were then glued over the window openings.
I decided to paint the door and fence black. I glued a scrap of gray wood grain paper to the back of the door and added an image that announces your destination.
For Madame Leota's crystal ball, I punched an image of her into a one inch circle and adhered it to a clear resin sticker. That was secured on a bead that functions as the crystal ball's stand.
She went into a shadowbox section that also contains a metal candelabra that started it's life as a charm and a silhouette cut from DCWV Ghosts and Goblins scrapbook paper. There are also images set into frames that are molded from paperclay and painted gold. The ghosts in the bottom left corner are actually plastic buttons.
Thanks for stopping by!

 
Gypsy Soul Items Used

Other Items Used
Tacky glue
Acrylic paint
DCWV Ghosts and Goblins scrapbook paper
Tim Holtz Idea-ology paper
Ranger vintage photo ink pad
Printed images
Paperclay
Resin circle sticker
Bead
Candelabra charm
Ghost buttons
Scrap chipboard










No comments:

Post a Comment