Saturday, October 20, 2018

Miniatures Tote and Recipe Magnets

I have started making Christmas gifts early this year. The GSL Tool Caddy is the perfect size to hold miniature bottles of spirits and the GSL Chunky ATC Blanks are perfect for making cocktail recipe magnets. I just finished my first set, let me walk you through what I did.
I started with selecting my papers and cutting them to size. I chose to mix papers from Graphic 45's
Artisan Style and Cafe Parisian collections. 
 I painted the interior bottom section with an off white acrylic paint. All of the other surfaces were papered. 
The papers were applied with tacky glue. All of the papered edges were buffed with a sanding block and inked with Ranger vintage photo ink.
Assembly was easy with tacky glue.
For the front of the tote, I fussy cut the peacock paper and glued it to the teal stripe. The orange architectural detail was applied around the bottom of the piece on all sides.
For the recipe magnets, I started by painting the back and edges of the chunky ATC blanks with the same off white acrylic paint. On the other side, I selected background papers and printed off recipes onto a tan colored chipboard.
 I glued magnets onto the backs and added silk flowers to the fronts.
The caddy was stocked with miniature bottles that can be used to make the cocktail recipes plus a few extras.
 Thanks for stopping by!

Gypsy Soul Items Used

Other Items Used
Tacky glue
Acrylic paint
Graphic 45's Artisan Style collection
Graphic 45's Cafe Parisian collection
Tan chipboard
Silk flowers
Magnets



No comments:

Post a Comment