Monday, August 29, 2016

Shabby Treasure Chest

Hello crafty friends. Happy Monday (although many people feel the words "happy" and "Monday" have no business being in the same sentence - lol)! Here's my take on the adorable Treasure Chest that Gina recently added to the Gypsy Soul store. I love the size and the solid feel of it-perfect to store small items in or to use as a gift box for someone special.


I used FabScraps papers that are appropriately named "Shabby Chic"and covered the inside pieces of the box before putting it together, then covered the outside. I was able to wrap one 12x12 strip around the front and sides so that the only seams are in the back. I used a similar process to cover the two overlay sectionstucking lace under each of them before attaching them. I found hot glue worked best to attach both the lace and the chipboard strips.
The top was papered as well; I layered the punched out center of the cutout lid piece on top of the main lid piece for more dimension. When the box is opened you are able to see the cutout piece. I also decided to add hinges.


On the top of the box I added some lace loops and some edge-punched loops cut from the same paper as the box is covered in I then some paper roses, burlap foliage, and metal leaves to match the metal heart lock I hung on the front. I inked some edges here and there for an even shabbier look ,but I have to admit those gorgeous FabScraps papers did most of the work in that regard! 


This was such an enjoyable project to create and I can't wait to see how you decorate your own Treasure Chest. Be sure to tag me when you post it on the Gypsy Soul Craft Group Facebook page so I don't miss it. Have a terrific week!

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED

OTHER ITEMS USED
FabScraps Shabby Chic papers
small hinges from dollar store
Donna Salazar inks
Fiskars punch


2 comments: