Saturday, August 21, 2021

Here Comes The Circus

Happy Saturday, everyone! I have another circus-related project to share with you today, a giraffe wagon from the parade. The Great Circus Parade ran from 1963 to 2009 and recreated how people in the late 19th and early 20th century gathered along stops on a circus's route to see whether it was worth attending. This little guy's wagon is made from a GSL Bagatelle Box 3 by 3 Inch, here's how I pulled it together. 

I started by making a paper template of the top of the box where the giraffe's head would need to poke through. It took a few tries until I was completely satisfied with the location of the hole I was going to cut.

Once I was happy with the placement, I used the template to mark the opening on the chipboard and used an x-Acto knife and straight edge to cut the hole.

At this point, I assembled the floor and walls of the box wagon, painted the exterior red and added a cheerful blue check from Graphic 45's Mother Goose collection to the back wall. I used a piece of adhesive cork paper to mimic sawdust for the floor.

The roof of the wagon got glued in place and a few gold dresden and flatback embellishments were added. The wagon's bars are lengths of dowel sticks painted yellow and glued in place. The wheels are GSL Wheels 1.5 Inch Straight painted black and decorated with flatback star studs.

The Circus Procession banner is from Graphic 45's Le Cirque collection.

 Thanks for stopping by!

GSL Products Used

Bagatelle Box 3 by 3 Inch

Wheels 1.5 Inch Straight

Other Supplies Used

Tacky Glue

Acrylic Paint

Schleich Giraffe

Graphic 45 Mother Goose collection

Graphic 45's Le Cirque collection

Adhesive cork paper

Wooden dowels

Flatback star studs


 

2 comments: