Saturday, August 7, 2021

Tiny TV Magnet

Happy Saturday, everyone! Today I have a project that can be personalized in infinite ways. I am using a Tiny TV Standard which is available over at Alpha Stamps. It's a miniaturized version of the Standard Altoids Tin TV but very cleverly does not require you to finish a tin of Altoids Smalls mints to do this project.

Here are the pieces that, when stacked, make a little 3D television set.  I included the larger Standard Altoids TV for size comparison.

I started by gluing the top three pieces together with tacky glue. 

Once the glue was dried, I painted the entire assembly with brown acrylic paint. The back of the TV set was also painted.

I searched for some classic horror/sci-fi images and settled on one with a marauding tripod from the War of the Worlds and adhered the image inside the TV.

What got me thinking about doing this project in the first place was my stash of HO train figures. I usually buy them in sets and think these came from a carnival collection. I believe the sitting with hands in the air poses are meant to be used in a ferris wheel or roller coaster setting.

Before final assembly I glued on tuning knobs which are gold flat back pearls.

The only thing left to do is glue on a magnet! Thanks for stopping by.

 

GSL Products Used

Tiny TV Standard

Other Supplies Used

Tacky glue

Acrylic paint

Flat back gold pearls

Printed image

HO figures

Magnet

 

2 comments: