Saturday, October 17, 2020

Halloween Cabinet

Happy Saturday, everyone! Connie here with a Halloween version of one of my absolute favorite projects to work with – a miniature display cabinet made from a GSL China Cabinet 1 to 12. It was fun finding and making spooky little objects to put in the display. Let me show you how it was done.

Here are the cabinet pieces laid out. The cabinet also comes with upper and lower doors but I wanted this to be an open cabinet so I set those aside for some future use.

Once it was assembled with tacky glue, I painted the walls and exterior with black acrylic paint.

For the back interior wall, I used two different papers – an orange dot from DCWV and Graphic 45's An Eerie Tale floral which I fussy cut for the middle shelf.

To make the stand up ghosts I cut apart a scrapbook border I had in my stash and glued them to small wood blocks that were painted white.

I had a Haunted Mansion Madame Leota miniature game that a friend made me and I wanted to include, which gave me the idea of making a Madame Leota crystal ball. It's made from a Idea-Ology snowglobe, a printed image and some teal roving.

I embossed the word 'Boo!' from the GSL Spooky Shape Set and glued it in place. I added a few printed heads in jars, a trick or treat bucket, a doll's eye and a vial of poison made from a Christmas light bulb dipped in red paint and set inside a mini glass bottle.

Madame Leota was joined by a Hagen-Renaker porcelain frog and a plastic spider web. That darling GSL Miniature Ouija Board is available over at Alpha Stamps.

Those little ghosts went in one of the bottom cubbies, along with the Madame Leota game and a miniature skull.

The cabinet was finished with a bat sticker from Jolee's Boutique 3D Halloween Embellishments - Animal Skeletons.

Thanks for stopping by!

GSL Products Used

China Cabinet 1 to 12

Spooky Shape Set

Miniature Ouija Board



Other Supplies Used

Tacky glue

Acrylic paint

Graphic 45's An Eerie Tale

Glittery orange dot paper from DCWV

Printed images

Jolee's Boutique 3D Halloween Embellishments - Animal Skeletons

Ghost scrapbook border

Wood blocks

Miniature snow globe

Miniature skull

Roving


 


 



 

 

2 comments: