1. Cut Apart GSLC Haunted Houses, Little Witches, and Small Cobblestone pieces.
2. Use Golden Dyke Brown Hue, Iridescent Stainless Steel (Course), Micaceous Iron Oxide acrylic paints to randomly add a base coat to each of the GSLC Haunted Houses.
3. Use Golden Yellow Oxide, Raw Sienna, and Van Dyke Brown Hue acrylic paint and GSLC Cobblestone Small as a stencil and a paintbrush to add stone effect to parts of GSLC Haunted Houses.
4. Use Golden Green Gold a paint brush and GSLC Decorative Stamp to add more details to other parts of the GSLC Haunted Houses.
5. Use Quinacridone Burnt Orange, Crimson, and Nickel Azo Gold Acrylic Paints a Paint Brush and GSLC Brick Wall stamp to add more details to GSLC Haunted Houses.
6. Use Weldbond to secure prepared acrylic skins to back of GSLC Haunted Houses to make them look like stained glass windows.
7. Allow to fully dry, sandwiching in deli paper, and weighted down flat.
8. Use Wow embossing Pad and Ranger Black Sparkle Embossing Powders and Heating Tool to add details to GSLC Small Witches.
9. Once GSLC Haunted Houses are fully dry add Glossy Accents to windows using a toothpick to get into all the nooks and crannies.
10. Once cured use Weldbond to glue GSLC Small Witches to GSLC Haunted Houses, be sure to dry flat and weighted down or use clamps to secure pieces in place.
11. You now have a trio of tiny witch abodes ready to use for your Halloween decorations.
Some final thoughts.
I read an article from House Beautiful, titled “Netflix Has Hidden All Kinds of Easter Eggs in the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina House” where they interviewed Lisa Soper, the production designer for the show. She said “We wanted to create an environment that hasn’t been seen before but feels natural…We tried to build our own mythos- “she goes on to explain that they wanted to show something that was timeless.” I too am trying to do the same thing with my artwork. I want to hide “Easter Eggs” in my artwork in the layers of textures and techniques I use and continue to hone in on.
Supplies: ,,, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Foam Brick Wall and Decorative Stamps, Golden Van Dyke Brown Hue, Iridescent Stainless Steel (Course), Micaceous Iron Oxide, Yellow Oxide, Raw Sienna, Green Gold, Quinacridone Burnt Orange, Crimson, and Nickel Azo Gold Acrylic Paints, Paint Brush, Prepared Acrylic Skins, Weldbond, Ranger Black Sparkle Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Wow Embossing Pad, Ranger Glossy Accent, Toothpick, Deli Paper, Clamps
I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this project. Share it on the Page on Facebook. I would love to see what new creations you are working on!