Monday, February 11, 2019

Vintage Valentine

Hello and welcome to another week here at the GSLC Blog. This is Yolie with a last minute vintage Valentine using  Banner Border Strips and the Scribble Frame Hearts.


I prepared the laser cuts by cleaning off the soot with a damp cloth. Using tweezers, I pressed the Scribbled Frame Hearts directly onto the embossing ink pad and then sprinkled a generous amount of  Emerald Creek's Hammered Metal embossing powder. I did the same with the pendant  Scribble Frame Hearts but used the Charred Gold embossing powder. The banners are 12" in length and you can easily cut to fit your project with sharp scissors.

I distressed, inked and dogeared the paper. I added the filigree brads onto the grey pattern paper and then layered my pieces.


Here's a closer look at the amazing faux metal pieces. The Charred Gold has a bit of mercury glass finish. They both look fabulous.


I hope you enjoyed my vintage Valentine. Enjoy your week and make it a creative one!

Supply List:
Banner Border Strips Item D34D

Scribble Frame Hearts Item D23D
DCWV Vintage Stack
Beacon Power-Tac Glue
Emerald Creek Charred Gold Embossing Powder
Emerald Creek Hammered Metal Embossing Powder
Embossing Heat Gun
Embossing Ink
Black Cardstock
Black and Brown Ink
Filigree Brads
Black Mini Rhinestones 
Dauber
Mini Stapler
Black Jute

3 comments:

  1. I love the color scheme and dogearing the paper corners is ingenious. Simply fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Valentine card! Yolie this is so creative. Love how you used the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts circling the music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have joined the team Yolie. Wonderful card with delicious layers.

    ReplyDelete