Sunday, February 24, 2019

Happy Easter Layout

Hi everyone!  Leigh Ann here today with a two page 12x12 layout featuring Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts chipboard and Doodlebug Designs Bunny Trails. 


To begin, I prepared the tall bird house and three eggs from the For the Birds chipboard set by coating them with white gesso.  I also pulled out the front and back nest pieces, but left them raw.


While the gesso was drying I used 3 brown Copic markers to color the nest.  I used the darkest color on the entire base piece, then the mid and lightest colors on the straw looking piece to give it some dimension. I also used the dark marker on the post for the birdhouse.


Once my eggs were dry I colored them with Tombow markers, then decorated them with a Gelly Roll glitter pen.


I put together a quick two page layout using a few layers of paper and a few stickers from the collection, then assembled my birdhouse and nest and mounted it to my layout. I accented it with a bunny sticker from the 12x12 combo sticker sheet. 


I hope you have enjoyed this layout tutorial.  I know I'm excited to be two pages ahead when Easter rolls around!  Especially since most of us as scrappers are never caught up!  

I used the following Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Set on this layout: For the Birds

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun layout. I love the composition and the humor of the Easter bunny at the bottom of the tall pole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Spring is still unfathomable where I live. :)

    ReplyDelete