Saturday, February 2, 2019

Ocean Floor Grotto

Happy Saturday, everyone! Today I want to share with you how I crafted my vision of the ocean floor. I wanted to depict depth so chose to use the GSL Shrine Grotto, which stands ten inches tall. 
The shrine comes in five pieces that are easily assembled using tacky glue. The paper I chose for the interior is a pretty gradient blue by American Crafts. 
For the seabed, I used cork scrapbook paper cut to size. The color and texture of it reminds me of sand.  The papers I chose for the exterior are from Graphic 45's ocean themed Sun Kissed collection.
I painted GSL Coral Chipboard Set which is available at Alpha Stamps, and GSL Seahorses & Seaweed (coming soon) with acrylic paint to complement the Sun Kissed papers. 
The octopus rests on a perch made of glow in the dark vase filler glued together with E6000 to form one large rock. I could have used an actual rock but glow in the dark is lots more fun!
The octopus is a super detailed Schleich toy figurine. I got out my supply of shells to add to the ocean floorscape.
The finished grotto needed something pretty to top it off. I selected a gorgeous starfish and some silk flowers that complimented the Sun Kissed papers. 

Thanks for stopping by!
 
Gypsy Soul Items Used
Seahorses & Seaweed (coming soon)

Other Items Used
Tacky glue
E6000 glue
Schleich toy octopus
Graphic 45 Sun Kissed collection
American Craft gradient blue paper
Cork scrapbook paper
Glow in the dark vase filler
Shells
Starfish
Flowers




1 comment:

  1. Thus is so beautiful and innovative. I love your colors and composition. It looks like you could dive right in!

    ReplyDelete