Thursday, July 6, 2017

Scraplings: my newest obsession



Completely hooked on these tiny treasures made from leftover papers. Scraplings are cards or tags that measure 1.5" x 4.5" - perfect for scraps of paper. I first saw these on some Eastern European blogs I follow and thought they were so adorable and a perfect way to use up bits of scrap paper.

I knew I wanted to use Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Feathery Flourishes. This is a beautiful swirly flourishes set with some elements that would be the perfect size for this tiny creation.

I began with a piece of Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts chipboard and covered it with Prima's Rose Quartz. I cut a tag and a saying from that same collection.

Then it was on to the Feathery Flourishes. I chose 3 of the smaller pieces and painted them with Art Alchemy Sparks Butterfly Spells. 

Feathery Flourishes Set

After the paint dried, I used a bit of Metallique Wax on top of the paint to give a bit of a shadow without losing the sheen.


After choosing some flowers to add to the Scraplings, I adhered the Feathery Flourishes and the flowers to the project.

The lower right corner needed a little somethin' somethin'.  I found a tiny corner from the Wrought Iron Miniatures Set. Perfect size!


I pounced some Wendy Vecchi Watering Can on top of the corner and finished it off with a touch of Brushed Iron Metallique Wax. Then attached it to the lower right corner of the Scraplings.


The Scrapling is complete.
How fun this was and super easy!
Thanks for visiting my tiny project today.

See you soon with another


No comments:

Post a Comment