Friday, July 21, 2017

Embark

Hello!! Jennalee here today. When I sat down to start this project I had a totally different piece picked out that I wanted to play with, but this Reliquary Arch Top called my name. I have learned that some of my favorite projects are those where you follow what calls you, and this project was no exception.


I started out by painting the entire piece gold. I used Liquitex Basics because it offers great coverage with minimal coats and it has a nice sheen to it. 




I then embossed the top arch piece with Burnt Copper Leaves. I put it on quite thick. And melted it a little longer than normal to give it some movement and to really get the different layers of colors in the powder to mix and swirl together. 



I covered the back of the arch with a piece of resin paper. Resin paper has a nice translucent quality so the choice of gold paint on the background shines thru. I stamped the image of a girl peeking thru a keyhole and colored with chalk pastels and colored pencils. I chose paper resin butterfly wings again for the sturdiness and translucent quality. 


I then adhered the resin paper to the arch background and allowed to dry. I then glued the arch top onto the background and clipped while it dried. 



While that was drying I started fussing with the placement of my wings and girl. I decided that she needed some sort of crown. I had a key from the Keys and Plates Shape Set sitting on my work table. When I began looking at it the top reminded me of a crown. I embossed the top portion of the key with gold embossing powder.


It fit my image perfectly and I like the added message of knowing that it came from a key. 



I embossed both sides of a key hole with Burnt Copper Leaves and later attached to the back as a hanging bracket. 



I then finished off the back by writing myself a message in a very messy script. 

To finish off the piece I stamped on black card stock the word Embark from a mini alphabet set and heat embossed in gold. I then used my hole punch and punched out the letters and applied to the bottom of the arch piece. 


Thank you for spending a few minutes with me today. Happy Creating!! ~Jennalee

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts used:











1 comment: