Gypsy Soul is ready with adorable baby laser cuts. Couldn't resist using them in this baby book.
After building this 8" X 6" mini from scratch, I chose a few of my favorite laser cuts to use on the cover and spine.
The spine: I incorporated a String Along for the spine. These String Alongs have so much potential and it was the perfect size for the book spine. Here are the steps for decorating the String Along:
- Paint the entire String Along with your favorite acrylic paint. I used a burnished gold.
- Apply Art Glitter Glue to the left side of the moon. While the adhesive is still wet, sprinkle seed beads on top of the glue. Let dry.
- Apply Art Glitter Glue to the stars. While the adhesive is still wet, sprinkle silver crushed glass glitter to the stars. Let dry.
- Apply to spine with Beacon Fabri-Tac.
Why Art Glitter Glue? It dries clear. Perfectly clear. Without any shine. It's the best adhesive I've found for beads and glitter.
For the cover, I chose a couple of Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts:
- Baby Book Title
- Banner Border Strip
- Cut banner to desired length.
- Apply Art Glitter Glue to each *flag*. While the adhesive is still wet, sprinkle your favorite glitter on top and let dry.
- I used silver glass glitter glue for one and some blue sparkly glitter I found in my stash for the other.
Baby Book Title:
- Paint the entire title in silver acrylic paint.
- Once the paint is dry, add Aleene's Paper Glaze (or similar) on top of the letters. Let glaze dry.
- Add Art Glitter Glue to the feet and baby pin.
- Sprinkle with crushed gold glitter glass.
Little Dreamer: Of course, this piece can be used to decorate a scrapbook layout or book cover, although I chose to use it as a belly band.
- Paint Little Dreamer words with bronze acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Add VersaMark to the moon. Sprinkle with gold embossing powder and heat emboss.
- Add Art Glitter Glue to the stars. While still wet, sprinkle with gold glitter. Let dry.
- Paint the cloud with white acrylic. Using two shades of Distress Ink pads and finger tip sponge, pounce ink on top of the cloud.
- Glue to page (only the sides if you're using as a belly band).
For this page I used a Gypsy Soul Laser Cut Deco Punch Element to close a page that includes fold-outs and flips.
- Paint the background of the punch element with gold acrylic paint.
- Punch a design from paper (1" round punch fits the top piece perfectly). Adhere to top circle.
- Adhere the top circle to the background punch element piece.
- Create a *flag* with a piece of scrap paper.
- Fold the flag over a large paper clip.
- Attach the deco punch element to the flag.
- Add liquid pearls to the background of the punch element.
- Use the paper clip to close any flips or fold-outs you use in your mini-books.
I adore the layers!
- Paint the lower layer in your favorite acrylic paint color
- Paint the top layer in a clear crackle paint. Let dry.
- Using Prima's waxes, apply a gold wax over the crackle paint.
Special Delivery page: How cute is this stork! And so appropriate whether you birth your own babies or adopt . . .
- Paint *Special Delivery* with gold acrylic paint.
- Pounce gesso on top of the stark to create texture. Let dry.
- Add Prima's Opal Magic Blue-Gold paint on top of the gesso. Let dry.
- Add paper to the baby bag and tie a ribbon on top.
- Using the Feathers Shape Set, paint 3 feather with gold acrylic. Let dry.
- Adhere feathers to the back of the stork.
If you stuck with me through this long-winded blog post, thank you so much.
I appreciate each of you and will see you again soon
or at the
where I'll be shopping for my next blog post.