Saturday, September 4, 2021

Halloween Market Stall

Happy Saturday, everyone! As autumn approaches, I get into the mood for spooky crafting. I absolutely adore the GSL 1:12 Scale Market Stall (which is available over at Alpha Stamps) and was inspired to turn it into a Halloween market and fill it with all sorts of eerie sweets and treats.

Here are the main pieces of the market stall all laid out.

I painted the supports, shelves and floor with black acrylic paint then added a great insect image from K&Company Haunted that I cut into sections before gluing in place.

Here's the market's base, it has slots to hold the stall in place. Since the stall has an attached floor, I was able to cut BoBunny Double Dot Vintage paper to fit around the slots where the stall would be placed.

The remaining pieces assemble to be the shop counter. It was papered in BoBunny's Wonderfully Wicked collection and I used an embossed reptile print from The Paper Studio for the countertop.

All of the treats were super fun to make. These lollipops are circles of polymer clay with flat tooth picks inserted. Those eventually got trimmed to length. They were glazed with Glossy Accents after baking.

I've seen full sized glitter pumpkins for sale as Halloween decorations and thought why not make some mini ones? These are putka pods that are sometimes sold as vase filler. They were first painted then a layer of glue went on before rolling them around in fine glitter.

The jars of 'candy' are filled with micro beads and polymer clay cane slices.


I made the most adorable cookie house from a GSL 1 to 12 Gingerbread House and some shingles cut from a GSL Tiny Shingles Sampler.

Once assembled, I added some ghosts I made from polymer clay and a bat and glow in the dark star. I love how this came out so much I am dying to make a bunch more!

Jack o'lantern cookies were made from polymer clay then frosted with liquid polymer clay tinted with chalk pastels. Treat bags were made from a full sized cellophane treat bag that was cut to size then assembled using double sided tape.


Here are some close ups. The top shelf has retro costumes I made from a Retro Halloween Treat Bags Collage Sheet and some printed mask images. Those tiny happy meal buckets are made simply from cardstock that I decorated and rolled.

Below the candy jar shelf you'll find some cookie sculptures and candy apples I made from polymer clay.

The spooky house on the counter was joined by lollipops, cookies and polymer clay caramel apples.

At the base of the counter I added a cauldron of cookies and black cat from the GSL Black Creepy Critters Set. Thanks for stopping by!

GSL Products Used

1:12 Scale Market Stall

1 to 12 Gingerbread House

Tiny Shingles Sampler

Black Creepy Critters Set

Other Supplies Used

Tacky glue

Acrylic paint

K&Company Haunted by Brenda Walton

BoBunny Double Dot

BoBunny Wonderfully Wicked

Paper Studio reptile paper

Retro Halloween Treat Bags

Polymer clay

Liquid polymer clay

Polymer clay canes

Glossy Accents

Miniature glass bottles

Putka pods

Glitter

Micro beads

Cellophane bag



 

3 comments: