1. Gather Supplies.
2. Use UHU Gluestick to Adhere Tim Holtz Worn Wallpaper and Abandoned Paper to Cigar Box Lid.
3. Coat with Matte Varnish.
4. Paint Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Cafe Table & Chairs Set with Golden Acrylic Paints-Transparent Red iron Oxide, Burnt Sienna, Quinacridone Magenta.
5. Add Highlights and Patina with Neon Pink Paint, Vintage Gold Aged Brass Metallique Wax and a Paintbrush.
6. A Happy Accident Happened when Drying My Covered Cigar Box Lid, Some of the Paper Stuck and Peeled Off. I Added TH Distress Stain Bundled Sage to it.
7. Use UHU Gluestick to Attach Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Cafe Table & Chairs Set to the Covered Cigar Box Lid.
8. Coat Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Creepy Critters with Black Embossing Paste and Sprinkle With Pure Sheen Black Glitter While Still Wet.
9. Once Fully Dry Use Golden Heavy Gel Matte Medium to Attach Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Creepy Critters to Covered Cigar Box Lid.
10. Dry Fully Pressing Down With Heavy Container.
11. Coat Entire Piece With Matte Varnish to Give a Uniform Feel.
Some Final Thoughts.
Le Chat Noir cabaret is thought to be one of the first avant-garde to open its doors in the Montmartre neighborhood in 1881 attracting Bohemians and Bourgeoisie alike from near and far to the colorful medieval-inspired interior. It was a place where aristocracy and common people could partake in all the pleasures it offered, and come and go as they pleased. An eclectic encampment of eccentrics. How I wish more places like this existed, a mixed-media artist's merry-land.
"The avant-garde in every field consists of the lonely, the friendless, the uninvited. All progress is the product of the unpopular" -Chuck Palahniuk
A Bohemian can be described as unconventional or nonconformist, a gypsy or wander, a free-spirited person who believes in truth, freedom, and love. They can be marginalized and left on the fringes of good society.
"I'd rather play here with all the madmen, for I am quite content, they're all as sane as me." -David Bowie
"I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference"-Robert Frost
"I do my thing, and you do your thing, I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in the world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, it's beautiful" -Frederick E. Perl
Supplies: Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Creepy Critters, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Cafe Table & Chairs Set, Cigar Box Lid, Tim Holtz Worn Wallpaper and Abandoned Paper, UHU Gluestick, Matte Varnish, Golden Acrylic Paints-Transparent Red iron Oxide, Burnt Sienna, Quinacridone Magenta, Neon Pink Paint, Vintage Gold Aged Brass Metallique Wax, Paintbrush, TH Distress Stain Bundled Sage, Black Embossing Paste, Pure Sheen Black Glitter, Golden Heavy Gel Matte Medium,
I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this project. Share it on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Craft Group Page on Facebook. I would love to see what new creations you are working on!