Saturday, July 17, 2021

Let's Go To The Circus

Happy Saturday, everyone! I have a cute little circus shadow box to share with you today that was made with a GSL 6 by 4 Specimen Box. This project was fun and came together really fast. 

Here are the pieces that make up the display. I started by gluing the box together and assembling the insert.

 

I glued the insert inside the box. I decided to add decorative papers after this step to keep myself from having to deal with a tight fit. I scrounged through my paper collections and found complimentary papers from Graphic 45's Le Cirque, BoBunny's Carnival and Paper Studio's Great Circus collections.

 

Before gluing the papers in place, I painted the interior walls with acrylic paint. For the floor of each cubby, I chose a cork adhesive sheet to emulate a sawdust floor inside the big top.

 

It makes for a nice foundation to add tiny details.

I used a combination of printed circus images and toy animals for the cubbies. I made little wagons from this caged cats artwork by making cardstock wheels and adding a tiny gold bead detail for the wagon hubs.


Little stages were made for some of my mini safari animals by painting scrabble tiles and adding details with Stickles.

The topper details include more printed images, scrabble tiles and some star shaped brads.

Thanks for stopping by!

GSL Products Used

6 by 4 Specimen Box

Other Supplies Used

Tacky glue

Acrylic paint

Graphic 45 Le Cirque

BoBunny Carnival Collection

Paper Studio Great Circus

Paper Studio cork adhesive sheet

Printed images

Scrabble tiles

Stickles

Brads

Safari Savannah Miniatures

 

 




 

4 comments: