Monday, October 26, 2020

Christmas will be here before we know it . . .

Seems as if this year is flying by. 

Christmas will be here before we know it 

and I'm going to be ready this year (I hope).

I've decided to make Christmas ornaments with some beautiful cuts from 

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts

This image from The Graphics Fairy was my inspiration. 

I love images of angels holding babies as 

Gotcha Day for us is December 28.


Here's the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts I used and altered:



Reliquary Tower Top

First step was to paint & cover:


Both the piece on the far left (I'm using it as a door)
and the top decorative piece (shown in the middle)
were painted with acrylic Barn Red.

The decorative piece on the far left
used 2 different colors:
the front was painted around the edges with bronze acrylic;
the back of the piece was painted with acrylic Barn Red.



Then the piece shown on the far left
(previous photo)
was covered with bronze paper.
Simply trace around the image
and don't worry about those points at the top.


For the back of the piece, I used this Tim Holtz stencil,
laid it on top of the chip piece
and inked with VersaMark.
Removed the stencil and covered the piece with 
Stampendous Chunky Gold Deep Impression embossing enamel.
Heat the enamel with a heat gun and be still my heart.
This stuff is amazing!


There's dimension to this enamel.


Taking the top piece and the door,
I first placed the door inside the top piece
and
used this Crafty Individual Stamp
inked with VersaMark . . .
both pieces at one time.

Then added the embossing enamel
& heat set.


Turn to the back of the door and repeat the last step
with the other side of the door only.

I fussy cut around the angel image
and glued it inside the reliquary.


Glue the hinge inked with dark brown,
and a tiny knob 
(Tim Holtz or Prima carries them),
gold Stickles to the peaks


and you're all finished.



Other Items Used:
Red Barn Acrylic Paint
Stampendous Embossing Enamel

1 comment:

  1. Really beautiful nice to have your incredible artwork here again

    ReplyDelete