Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Shaker Sewing Cover Cutout Mini Album

 Hi Everyone, 

Today I have this cute little sewing album to share with you and to make it a little more interesting I thought I would give it a shaker cover!


The chipboard album I will be using for this is called Cutout Cover Mini Album Sewing D100F.  Give all the pages a good wipe with a damp cloth to remove the residue left from cutting then give the front cover a coat of gesso. To make the shaker window I am also using a piece of recycled plastic, but you can also use acetate.


As my album is sewing-inspired, I am also using these sewing stamps and paper from Stamperia.



I'm making this album in the same way as I made this little heart book, so you can find more instructions in that post.



Now comes the fun part!  Choose the papers you want to use inside your album and collage them onto the pages using matte gel medium.


Give the cover a coat of lovely cream coloured paint.  I used Fresco Chalk Paint from Paperartsy but you can use any kind of acrylic paint you like.


In addition to using the sewing stamps inside the album, I also used  them to stamp on top of the sewing shapes on the front cover.


Then using a black paint pen, I embellished some of the sewing shapes and coloured others, like the scissors, black.




I selected some small buttons from my stash to go inside the shaker, and I covered the panel with paper that looks like burlap so that would be a nice background showing through the shaker window.


To assemble the shaker window, you can follow the instructions on this Halloween card post from last year as it was done the same way.  Once everything was in place, the final step was to secure the spine with some linen tape.



Here's another look at the finished Sewing Album...


And if you are curious about the inside pages, here's a quick flip-through. I ended up using several different sewing-related papers collaged onto the pages, and then added some black stamping on top of that.  The mini tags and pockets were fussy cut from the same paper packs.  The finishing touch was to add some real lace to all of the pages in various places.


I hope you enjoyed this little sewing-inspired project.  Please let me know in the comments and have a lovely day.

Elle
Empire of the Cat



Project Recipe:
Cutout Cover Mini Album Sewing D100F
white gesso
sewing stamp set and scrapbook papers - Stamperia
matte gel medium
cream acrylic - Paperartsy
black paint pen
black archival ink pad
double-sided foam tape
masking tape
linen tape
buttons and lace
acetate or recycled plastic



No comments:

Post a Comment