Friday, May 8, 2020

Dreaming About the Ocean and Beach

Dreaming of the Ocean



Have you ever been to Laguna Beach? We have a son and daughter-in-law who live there. Every summer there are two hundred artisans who participate in the Sawdust Festival. One of our favorites is Michelle Burt, who did this painting for us. I made this little card while daydreaming of the ocean.


The paper is Origami Opalecent and is pink and/or blue, depending upon the lighting.





The Gypsy Soul Laser piece is the Small Medallion Swirl 
 3.5" x 3.5":




I used this Matte Medium: 




for the first layer of the mediallion:




 When the Matte Medium was dry, I applied it again on the middle of the medallion and spread prills on it, 



 let it dry, applied more Matt Mediam and prills again to fill in the empty spaces:





I used a Silver Leafing pen on the outside swirls:




This is the finished piece (the flower is from Prima).















1 comment:

  1. I love the colors and textures. The picture is also beautiful. I’m a mountain person but know many people love the ocean.

    ReplyDelete