Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Bird Crèche-A Peek-a-Boo-Project

As you know from my previous posts, I am a lover of birds and nature. One of my favorite artist who does amazing birds is Charles Harper, I own several of his artbooks. I also collect Lefton Bird Planters. I am continuing with my Crèche Theme and this time making one inspired by these things, enjoy!
 
1.  Take apart GSLC Little Niche Starburst and dry brush with Acrylic Paints in Blue and Green Hues.
 
 
2.  Using Matte Varnish Gel Medium add a Decorative Napkin of your Choosing making sure to separate the Three plies before attaching.
 
3.  Glue Original Collage artwork into center of back portion of niche using Weldbond. Press and weight into place using what you prefer.
4.  Use Transparent Iron Oxide to add a patina to your piece.
5.  Fold and secure back portion of niche allowing to dry with metal clamps. Add a random branch of your choosing securing ends with Weldbond to hold securely into place.
 6.  Work on front portion of GSLC Starburst Niche using Colored pencils to add details and magazine picture to add a mosaic effect.
7.  For final details I used a toothpick to add Lumiere Paint of Blue, Copper, Halo Blue Gold and a Fine Tip Paint Applicator with High Flow Black Acrylic Paint in it.
 
 8.  Once satisfied with the effect attach the front of the GSLC Starburst Niche to the back portion once again holding into place with metal clamps.
 9.  Once fully dry add the GSLC Clip to back of it  for easy hanging if this is your preference.
 
 
 Some Final Thoughts.
C. S. Lewis “It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly slight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg, we are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just and ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.”
Victor Hugo “Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings.”
Richard Le Gallienne “I meant to do my work today, but a brown bird sang in the apple tree, and a butterfly flitted across the field. And all the leaves were calling me.”
My mother’s favorite bird was Jenny Wren a beautiful little brown bird, whenever I see them I know my momma still is thinking of me even though we are now apart.
Supplies: Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Little Niche Sun Burst , Original Collage Artwork, Acrylic Paints in Blue and Green Hues, Iron Oxide,  Metal Clips, Matte Varnish Gel Medium, Decorative Napkin of your Choosing,  Paintbrush, Weldbond, Random Branch, Scissors, Colored Pencils, Magazine Picture for Making a Mosaic, Toothpicks, Lumiere Paint Blue, Copper, Halo Blue Gold, Fine Tip Paint Applicator with High Flow Black Acrylic Paint in it,
I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this project. Share it on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Craft Group Page on Facebook. I would love to see what new creations you are working on!

2 comments:

  1. This is another wonderful piece, I always am so interested in the back story and learn something from your posts. I truly admire this collection of shrines, so unique and really beautiful art

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you read the blog i like offering the backstory to my art pieces I find it gives them substance. I always appreciate your kind thoughtful comments

    ReplyDelete