Thursday, April 2, 2020

Let's Go For A Bike Ride . . .

My inspiration for this April card was the Maja Design 
"Let's Go For A Bike Ride" paper. 


 I chose to work with 3 different 
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.







Here are the steps I took to create this:


  • I basecoated the bicycle with white milk paint.
  • Once the base coat was dry, I pounced Hickory Smoke Distress ink on top of the milk paint.
  • Let the ink dry (or dry with a heat gun) and add a layer of Crackle Paste on top. (Let the crackle paste dry on its own.)  

Since there was so much pink in the paper, I wanted the bicycle to be pink as well. I first tried watering down Festive Berry Oxide but that was a bit too light.



  • I stuck with Mahogany Distress Ink, watered down a bit and painted on top of the dry crackle.

  • Wanting to add cogs to the wheels, I used various colors of Prima Rust Effect Paste and literally *plopped* them on with my finger tip. Let dry.

  • Once the cogs were dry I added them to the bicycle wheels. And found some button like embellishments to put in the center of the cogs.

  • Using a butterfly, I painted the butterfly with alcohol ink and added Glossy Accents and an odd shaped bead I found in my stash.


And it was that easy to complete!

Here is a list of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts I used:
Thanks for visiting Nancy-land today.
What better way to spend time indoors right now 
than with

Thank goodness for crafting!
Stay well everyone.


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic I think we all could use a nice bike ride right about now. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete