My inspiration for this April card was the Maja Design
"Let's Go For A Bike Ride" paper.
I chose to work with 3 different
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.
Here are the steps I took to create this:
- I basecoated the bicycle with white milk paint.
- Once the base coat was dry, I pounced Hickory Smoke Distress ink on top of the milk paint.
- Let the ink dry (or dry with a heat gun) and add a layer of Crackle Paste on top. (Let the crackle paste dry on its own.)
Since there was so much pink in the paper, I wanted the bicycle to be pink as well. I first tried watering down Festive Berry Oxide but that was a bit too light.
- Wanting to add cogs to the wheels, I used various colors of Prima Rust Effect Paste and literally *plopped* them on with my finger tip. Let dry.
- Once the cogs were dry I added them to the bicycle wheels. And found some button like embellishments to put in the center of the cogs.
- Using a butterfly, I painted the butterfly with alcohol ink and added Glossy Accents and an odd shaped bead I found in my stash.
And it was that easy to complete!
Here is a list of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts I used:
Thanks for visiting Nancy-land today.
What better way to spend time indoors right now
Thank goodness for crafting!
Stay well everyone.