Sunday, November 10, 2019

Vintage Christmas Tag

Hi everyone!  Leigh Ann here for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.  Today I am showing off how I decorated one of the tags from the GSLC Large Tag Set. 


I used the new Country Christmas line by Prima, along with a resin deer by Tim Holtz and various ribbons and trims from my stash to complete the body of this tag.

On the top left, I used a piece from the GSLC Stack-able Labels Set.  I didn't use the stacking piece for this tag since I planned to put the piece of ephemera on top of it.  I absolutely love this label set and I am going to have so much fun with it!

On this project, I used Distress Collage Medium to adhere Nuvo Gilding Flakes to the chipboard. I just gave the chipboard a coat of collage medium and then pressed the gilding flakes into it.  I then removed the excess with a stiff paint brush.  In this case I did not let the collage medium dry fully before brushing off the excess.  This is what gave it the great distressed look rather than a smooth gold finish.  I used this same technique on the resin deer as well.

Here's a close up of that great chipboard label!


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and get inspired to start on your Christmas crafts if you haven't already.

I used the following products from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts:
Large Decorative Tags
Stackable Labels

1 comment: