Sunday, November 17, 2019

Be Joyful Christmas Greeting Card

Hello there friends and Gypsy Soul fans! Ginny here to share a vintage inspired Christmas greeting card created with the gorgeous chippies from GSL.

I just love the non-traditional color scheme for this card. I pulled that blue shade from the dress on the angel image.
These papers are all G45 but come from different collections in my stash. I think they coordinate perfectly.
Using embossing powder on my chipboard pieces I was able to get a beautiful color match and a mottled frosty look.
This frame has the most lovely snowflake and flourish details. I layered it over a non contrasting patterned paper so as not to loose  the gorgeous chippie in busy patterns.

The frame had one corner without detail so I utilized that to add my flowers and a sweet little sparkly snowflake.

I carefully wiped down these chippies to prepare them for altering.
I covered the chippies in embossing powder then heat set it for a nice shiny finish.
The first layer of blue embossing powder was a bit too stark so I added a second layer of a shabby embossing powder that has white, blue, and gold particulates and this was heat set as well. Now the frame has a pretty frosty look. It's not easy to see in the picture but I did add a second sparkly layer to the snowflakes as well.

~Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts~ Snowflake Shape Set Mini, Snow Flourish Frame.

Wishing everyone a happy and productive day : ) G

2 comments: