Saturday, October 8, 2016

Inspire Wall Decor

Hello lovelies. Shanna here and I am sharing a wall decor project I made. I wanted to create something grungy but creative and inspiring for myself.



So I started with some paper that I primed with gesso. The tape helps it stay flat due to the amount of medium I plan on putting on the paper.


I used some Raw Umber mixed with water to create a wash. 


So this is how it looked. Let the wash dry before moving to the next step.


Then I went in around the edges with a rusty looking color and let it dry. 


Then I went over the whole thing with a Crackle Effect and let it dry. This has to air dry. It can mess up the effect if you use a heat tool.


Then I went over with some white gesso and then bam! look at the crackle. While this dries I also painted my wings. 



Then I used a stencil with some texture paste over my paper. 


I spread the texture paste to make it look a little more natural. Let it dry or heat set. Then I combined the two colors I originally painted with and mixed them with a glazing medium. Then paint it over your paper. 


Use a baby wipe to remove after let it sit for just a second. Wipe off as much as you want. 


I used some gelatos over the wings and a little water to mix the colors. 


I used VersaMark watermark ink and a stamp in the wings, then sprinkled with some gold detail embossing powder. 


Then heat set the wings. I love this look. 


I decided to go ahead with a crown and randomly smoothed Watermark ink on the crown and sprinkled Gold detail with it. 


Then I just layered everything how I wanted it on my piece. Check out the close ups of my creation below. 






Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed following along with how I created this piece of wall decor. Make sure you come back daily for more inspiration and how-to posts from the rest of the team. 

Products Used:
Wings Assortment - Small (coming soon)

In the mean time you can check out the regular Wing Assortment to see what the rest of the wings look like. They are fabulous and you will love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment