The first thing that came to mind when I saw Gina's Designs various gear cut-outs was,
"I want to do a mask with those!"
See, I had stumbled upon these papier-mâché masks about a month before
and was just waiting for something to really inspire me. Gears did the trick.
I began by applying a very thin base coat of silver acrylic paint to the mask.
Then I went to work on the gears with some copper acrylic paint and a bit of sponge.
While the paint was still a little wet, I gave it a good spritzing of bronze irRESISTible.
I love the effect of the bronze irRESISTible.
Because it dries shiny and raised, it makes it look like the gears have oil on them.
I went back to work on the mask and layered various shades and colors of metallic acrylic paints
using different gear stencils and rubber stamps that I have on hand.
I guess I kind of have a thing for gears!
Then I glued on the gear cut outs and gave it a little bling
by adding rhinestones to the middle of some of the gears.
I was so happy with how it turned out that I made another one!
Gina's Designs Products Used
Other Products Used
Imagine Crafts irRESISTibles in bronze
Jacquard Lumiere Acrylic paint
Stickles glitter glue
Liquid Pearls in copper
If you'd like to see more of what I did to make the gears metallic and distressed,
stop by my blog post from last week at: In the Studio with Barb - Gearing Up!
Thanks, and Happy Crafting!