Sunday, October 28, 2018

Memories 12x12 Layout

Hi everyone!  Leigh Ann here for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts with a 12x12 layout using 49th and Market products and several different chipboard sets from Gypsy Soul. 





First, I coated my background with clear gesso to give it a little more stability, though I'm not sure it needed it because these 49th and Market papers are amazingly thick!  I laid out all of the chipboard pieces that I thought I would use, as well as my picture and pieces of paper for layering behind the photo. 




I then coated all of the chipboard pieces with a coat of white gesso for a clean backdrop.  I coated the honeycomb pieces with white distress crackle paint, the scribble circle I rubbed with Rose Distress Ink, the filmstrip and "memories" piece were coated with Tin Can Prima Chalk Ink, and the leaves were colored with a few different Distress Stains. 



I took my photo mat and layering pieces and distressed them.  I used a combination of scissors, sandpaper, and a distress tool, then inked the edges with Tim Can Prima Chalk Ink to give it more dimension. A trick I've found and prefer is to staple my layers in a couple of places rather than glue them. This allows me to place additional pieces between the layers, and makes them more dimensional on the final piece. 




Next, I glued my layer piece to the layout and glued down most of my chipboard pieces.  Once I had finished attaching all pieces, and added some splatters of Color Bloom spray in antique gold, I glued down my photo.  I like to use Glossy Accents as adhesive for heavier pieces like this, but any quick drying liquid glue should get the job done. I would not suggest using a tape runner for this type of project.  They are great for simple layouts, but not for a bulky one like this. 



I added my final chipboard pieces and laid out my flowers and other embellishments next.  Most of the flowers are also from 49th and Market, with a couple from Kaiser Craft and Prima.  The ephemera piece in the lower right corner is from the Prima Rose Quartz set, and the metal quote is from Tim Holtz's Ideaology line. 






This turned out to be the perfect way to showcase a photo of my three year old daughter checking out the layouts I made at my last retreat. 

I used the following Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Products on this layout:
Honeycomb & Bees Large (pieces of the honeycomb)
Say Cheese Shape Set (filmstrip)
Scribble Frame Butterfly (circle without the butterfly)
Words & Phrases 1 (memories)
Rose Leaves (leaves under flowers)

I hope everyone has a great crafty week!
Leigh Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment