Sunday, June 11, 2017

Ooo la la fun in Paris

Hi, it's Teresa here today on this beautiful Sunday morning to share a really fun project I did with the 7x7 Paris themed shadowbox kit.  I had a friend who went to Europe last summer and so I wanted to make her something special to remember her trip so this kit was just perfect.  It has all the pieces that you see plus a few more so you can be super creative and use lots of fun things in your stash to do it.


So this is all about Paris so I really wanted to use lots of pinks, grey and blacks so i found lots of pretty paper from Kaisercraft, paint, chalks and other goodies and set to work.  It took an afternoon to make it since I used paint but other than that it went together really quick.  Grab a cup of coffee and I have a quick tutorial to help you make one too.


1. First separate all the pieces in the kit and remove all the little bits in the laser cuts.

2. For the shadowbox lay down the front and glue the sides to it and let it dry.  I love Scotch Quick Dry adhesive for things like this because it dries really fast and holds really good.

3. Now you can glue on the back.  I put the pieces together and spread a thick layer of glue over all of the edges with my fingers to make sure it's in the grooves and it sticks really good.  Let it dry.

4. While the box is drying take the Paris chipboard piece and the 2 crowns and cover them with glue and add glitter.  Let them dry.


It's super easy to cover the chipboard with glitter and you can use any color you want.

4. Now that the box is dry you can paint it on the inside, front and back with a light grey chalk paint.

5. For the front I used strips of paper for the edges and sanded them and inked them.  The inside of the box I measured and cut a piece of paper to fit and then glued it to the inside of the box.  In the next picture you will see that I changed the paper which sometimes I do after seeing it all in front of me.  It was too busy for all the other things i was putting in so I opted for a more simple piece instead.

6.  Now you can ink the Eiffel Tower in Momento Grey Flannel ink.  This worked great and gave it a subtle grey tone and then I added a little bit of black to the edges to shade it.  Then I embossed the whole thing with clear embossing powder to set it and make it shiny.  The pink Fleur de lis I also inked with pink chalk ink and let them dry.

7.  For the little dress i inked the top and base with Midnight black chalk ink and let that dry just a little.

8. And then i traced the dress part onto a pink printed paper with a pencil and cut it out with scissors.  It doesn't have to be perfect because you can sand around the edges and then give it a little shading with the pink chalk ink you used on the Fleur de Lis pieces.


9.  And now you can glue all the pieces in like you see above in my box.  I added a few pearls on the dress and a few more rhinestones to the Fleur de Lis and the Eiffel Tower and a really pretty bow with flowers to make it really pretty and feminine.  I had so much fun in Paris when I went and so did my friend so I hope that she will like my gift to help her remember this special trip last summer.

If you have any questions be sure and leave a comment and I will try my best to help you!!  And of course here is my Supply list just in case you need to make one too.

Supply List:


Paper: Kaisercraft PS I love you
Versamagic inks- Midnight black and Pink Petunia
Momento Ink- Grey Flannel
Clear Embossing Powder, heat tool
Ribbon, flowers, glitter
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L- tape runner and 3D Foam Squares
Scotch quick dry adhesive

Thanks for stopping by and have a really wonderful day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment