Tuesday, June 27, 2017

'Be Very Afraid' with Susan Killam

Hi folks!  I'm here with another of my 'Skelly Tin' series.  I think the Altoids Inserts Fairy Tale Frames is just about the best invention ever!  Let me show you what the next frame inspired me to create.



Isn't this guy fun?  Eh, a little unnerving also.  *wink*

I made the tin with most of the same steps as this 'Creepy' one.  You might remember I struggled a little using a new-to-me medium on the frame itself, so I tried something different with today's project.

Instead of painting the Ranger crazing medium, I cut off the used tip of a foam brush (that had dried too much to wash and reuse).  I dipped it in the medium and used it as a stipple brush on the gesso-painted frame.


It worked perfectly, creating texture and a slight sheen.  No additional steps needed!  You can see the direction of the sponge (I held it perpendicular to the frame) so I will vary how I stipple next time.  The frame handled the thick wet medium like a champ.


Here is the Skelly Tin series so far.


Thanks for your visit today!

Cheers,
Susan

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Used
Altoids Inserts - Fairy Tale Frames #YB23A

Other Supplies Used
Altoids tin
My Mind's Eye halloween paper
Cheese cloth 
Dollar store skeleton
Black twine
Black gesso
Ranger Collage Medium/Crazing
Mod Podge (to affix paper to tin)
Glossy Accents as glue and dimensional effect
Fabri-Tac glue
Ranger Ground Espresso ink for edges
Burlap
Orange Peel Stickles

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this so much also! Makes me curious if you have more! I love Halloween makes! and Altoid tin makes!

    ReplyDelete