Monday, October 17, 2022

Celtic notebook

 

Hi everyone.

Karolina is here. For this month's inspiration, I worked with Celtic chipboards; the Celtic Rose Frame and Celtic set. I am sharing a notebook.


I also used white cardboard to make a front and a back cover. 


The first step was cutting a front and back cover. The covers measure 11.5cm by 14cm.

The next step was coating all pieces using white gesso.


Then I dried them using a heating tool.


Then I painted covers using black gesso and chalk paints. It was more brush tapping than painting.





Then I dried everything using the heating tool.


The next step was coating the chipboard using Sea Glass paint. 




Using the same Sea Glass paint, I distressed the edges of the covers of my notebook.


When everything was dried. I added a little bit of gold wax, and then I stuck painted chipboard elements to the covers. 


The next step was to make an insert. I used copier paper, and to make vintage look paper, I had to work a little bit in my kitchen. Turn on the oven to 180 degrees. To the mug, I added one teaspoon of coffee. Then I added 200 ml of hot water and 100 ml of cold water. I mixed everything and poured it into the baking tray. Then I put a sheet of paper inside the tray; just for a few seconds. I turned it over. When both sides were covered by coffee, I moved the paper to another baking tray and put it in the oven to dry. From one sheet, I can make four pages, So I had to repeat all the steps a few times to fill my notebook
When the paper was ready, I divided it and made two holes in each page and  used binder rings to hold it together





My Celtic book is ready. I hope you like it.  







GSL product used:


Other supplies used:

white gesso
black gesso
gold wax
Chalky paints: Peppermint Sherbet and Smokey Sky
Pretty Amazing Paint - Sea Glass
Glue
copier paper
binder rings
coffee
hot and cold water 



Thank you for stopping by!

Karola



No comments:

Post a Comment