Sunday, July 10, 2022

Keepsake Memory Box

Greetings! This is Sneha, after a long time with a new post for GSL cut design team.

I recently lost my father and had to travel to India for a month for his last rituals. However, I'm back to the States now. 

It is extremely difficult for me to express how lost and forlorn  I feel  after his demise. Anyone who has lost a loved one knows the heart shattering pain. For me normal will never exist after loosing him. Every morning there is a cross swording between my mind and my heart regarding his departure. I will grieve for him life long.... 

When he was around, he used to appreciate and pat my back for all my endeavors. He was and will always be the sole inspiration to all my work. And now that he's not around, I hope he is still watching me over the ethereal, inspiring and cheering me on. 


As it is said,"LIFE MUST GO ON"...therefore I will try keeping him alive with all my efforts.


With that being said, this keepsake memory book box is dedicated to my Father. To tell him how much I love and miss him and that He will always be alive in my envisions.



























Here is the process of making of it. Steps are simple and easy to follow in the form of picture tutorial.... The links to the products used from GSLCut store are provided towards the end of the post, please do click the link to find them on the store website. 

Priming the surface with gesso


               Adding texture paste via Stencil 






Adding crackle paste to cover up the deserted areas


         Adding more metallic texture paste to bring highlight to the base



         Creating the base of the elements and focal



           





  Building the base of the composition 

Some stamping around the focal area and adding some paper tubes to hold and elevate the elements 



                           Adding the focal point 

Then Complement the focal with the other elements like mould pieces, flowers, laces, diecuts, colors and sprinkles etc to the composition. 





Following are the some of the products used from GSLcut



I hope you liked the making of this memory box with me 

Thank you all!

I wish there is an address for the place wherever my father is now to receive this in his mail...I miss you DAD....

Sneha....

No comments:

Post a Comment