Saturday, May 15, 2021

Cocktails Out Back

Happy Saturday, everyone! One of our favorite things to do on the weekend during warm weather is have friends over for cocktails on our back deck and that's what inspired me to make this little display. I used a brand new piece that's coming soon – the GSL Simple Scene Box 4x8. The Mosaic Table I made a few weeks ago needs a place to live and this is it. Here's how it came together...

I decided to make the wall a textured brick. Using painter's tape, I covered the wall's tabs as well as the location where the window would be placed. I used a GSL Brick Wall Texture Sheet to make the bricks.

Using a spatula, I applied texture paste to the stencil. While it was still wet, I removed the stencil as well as the painter's tape and set it aside to dry overnight.

I chose an off white acrylic paint for the grout color then layered terra cotta, brown, cream and gray paint for the brick colors until I was satisfied with the look.

I assembled the box using tacky glue then settled on craft sticks for a wood decking.

Once cut to size, I stained the sticks with a wash of brown acrylic mixed with water. To keep them from warping, I clamped them together with alligator clips and left them to dry overnight.

 

Here they are glued in place.

The Simple Scene Box comes with two shelves to play with. I decided to use just one for this project and painted it the same dark brown as the GSL Narrow Windows – Set of 2. I used gold flat back pearls for the window knobs. A lovely scrap of green fabric became curtains.

Here are those pieces installed. I envision the window to be a passthru opening into the kitchen.

I assembled one of the GSL Set of Stools 1:12 for the setting. It was painted cream and brown with the addition of a 7 Gypsies Architext detail on top.

The faux taxidermy is made from a plastic goat cut in half and finished with copper Rub 'n Buff. I chose a painted wood checker to mount it on.

To serve along with the cocktails, I made a cheese board. Everything on the board is made from polymer clay with the exception of paper leaves. The pepperoni and fruit slices are poly clay cane slices.

I added a little cup of black olives and love how it came out!

It looks fabulous on the Mosaic Table.

Finishing touches include a paper flower wreath and lemon drop cocktails made from resin. The glasses are rimmed with extra fine glitter.

Thanks for stopping by!

GSL Products Used

Simple Scene Box 4x8 – coming soon

Brick Wall Texture Sheet

Narrow Windows – Set of 2

Set of Stools 1:12

Other Supplies Used

Tacky glue

Acrylic paint

Texture paste

Craft sticks

Gold flatback pearls

7 Gypsies Architext

Unfinished wood checker

Plastic animal

Rub 'n Buff

Polymer clay

Poly clay cane slices

Paper flowers

Resin

Extra fine glitter


 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Fantabulous as always! I’d enjoy having cocktails there! Have many wonderful gatherings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! We can’t wait to have folks over in real life.

    ReplyDelete