Monday, February 8, 2021

Super Simple Slimline . . .

Coming back into cardmaking popularity is the slimline card. A slimline card begins with a piece of cardstock that is 8.5" x 7". On the 7" side, score at 3.5" and voila . . . 

the beginning of a slimline card!

I think I work backwards. I choose what I'm going to create (a slimline card). Then find the papers I like and then choose the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts I want to use.


It's been a gloomy few days in St. Louis 
so I chose these bright colors to work with.

Since I'm creating a slimline card,
I needed a Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts that would also be slim.

This Arlis Frame measures 7" W x 2.75" T.
Perfect.


I chose to first base coat the frame in white.
Then paint the frame according to the colors on the papers.


First, a couple of green shades, 
then the circle portion in orange.


In my stash, I found a piece of scrap paper
that had a beautiful orange flower.
That would be the picture I wanted in the frame.

But with Mother's Day not too far off,
maybe add a photo of the family or children?


I punch the flower in a large circle
and popped up the

And this simple slimline card is complete.


Thanks for visiting with me today. See you in a couple of weeks.

1 comment: