1. I like mixing the sizes on my Triptychs for this I used Two of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Arch Top Triptych 8 Inch, and one of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Triptych-Arch Top.
2. Use the back inside portion to trace and cut out paper you would like to use as the background.
3. Cut Out and use Weldbond to Glue to GSLC Arch Top Frames.
4. For the Top Frame Portion use a small plastic spatula to randomly apply Ferro Metal Effect Paint in Steel, Gold, and Copper.
5. Once dry fill in the empty spaced with TH Distress Stains of Crushed Olives and Bundled Sage.
6. Glue to frame to bottom securing with Weldbond.
7. Hold securely into place using metal clips.
8. While they are drying work on other components. I used Embossing ink in a Roller Applicator to apply Allure Mercury Rising Embossing Powder to the 1, 2, and 3 of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Number Cards.
9. Cure with a heating tool.
10. Add TH Distress Stain of Mermaid Lagoon to fill in any empty spaces.
11. Choose Scraps of paper to add a background to prepared numbers. Cut and Glue to back of Numbers with Weldbond.
12. Choose Scraps of paper to add backgrounds to the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Artist Trading Coins. Trace with Pencil and Cut with Scissors.
13. Secure into place using Weldbond.
14. Use Embossing Ink in Roller Applicator and Embossing Powders like Wendy Vecchi Tree Branch, Ice Resin Garnet and Barnished Bronze, Mixed Media Funky Cold Patina to the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Trading Coin Covers Circus.
15. Cure with a Heating tool.
16. I wanted the Wendy Vecchi Tree Branch to be more dramatic and added Mixed Media Satin Sunset Embossing Powder and cured with a heating tool.
17. Glue the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Trading Coin Covers Circus to the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Artist Trading Coins with Weldbond. Secure into place with Metal Clips.
18. Use Scraps of papers to add layers and details to back of GSLC Arch Frames and GSLC Number Cards.
19. Once backs of Arch Frames are layered as you like use the same technique described in Step 4 and 5 above to unify the two sides.
20. Seal quickly with a Matte Varnish and a paintbrush.
21. Assemble Pieces layering with Weldbond to hold all securely into place.
22. Allow to dry while completely flat and weighted down with something like kitty litter in Ziploc bags.
23. Once fully dry add small metal hinges using an awl, screwdriver and miniature screws.
Some Final Thoughts…
“Life is a circus ring, with some moments more spectacular than others.” Janusz Korczak
“Just cause you got the monkeys off your back doesn’t mean the circus has left the town.” George Carlin
“So many freaks and not enough circuses!” Rachel Renee Russell
“We are all freaks. Yes! Alone in our rooms at night, we are weirdos and outcasts and losers. That is what ‘life’ is all about! Whether you admit or not, you are all worried that the others won’t accept you, that if they knew the real you, they would recoil in horror. Each of us carries with us a secret shame that we think is somehow unique…and if we are, each of us, freaks—then can’t we accept what’s different in each of us and move on?” James St. James
“We’re all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that’s all.” The Breakfast Club
“Just because everyone is behaving like a clown, it doesn’t mean you have to join the circus.” Matshona Dhliwayo
"If you ever start to feel like you have the goofiest, craziest, most dysfunctional family in the world, all you have to do is go to a state fair. Because in five minutes at the fair, you will be going, 'You know, we're alright. We are dang near royalty.'" Jeff Foxworthy
Supplies: Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Arch Top Triptych 8 Inch, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Triptych-Arch Top, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Artist Trading Coins, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Trading Coin Covers Circus, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Number Cards, Circus Themed Papers- I Used Ciao Bella Greatest Show Collection, Pencil, Scissors, Weldbond, Ferro Metal Effect Paint-Copper, Gold, Steel, Plastic Spatula, TH Distress Stain-Crushed Olive, Bundled Sage, Mermaid Lagoon, Metal Clamps, Embossing Ink in Roller Applicator, Embossing Powders-I used Allure Mercury Rising, Wendy Vecchi Tree Branch, Ice Resin Garnet and Barnished Bronze, Mixed Media Funky Cold Patina and Satin Sunset, Heating Tool, Matte Varnish, Paintbrush, Small Metal Hinges, Screwdriver, Awl, Miniature Screws, Weighted Bags-I Used Kitty Litter in Ziploc Bags
I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this project. Share it on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Craft Group Page on Facebook. I would love to see what new creations you are working on!