3. I am using 3 small 5" by 7" inch IKEA wooden frames to showcase each of the letters.
4. I am a texture type of guy so I want to alter the frames and give them added interest. I want them to look similar but not the same like they are part of a collection.
5. For the first frame I used various Ice Resin Enamels in German Silver and Torched Copper and Embossing Enamels in Aged Hunter and Aged Copper. I layered them and cured with a heating tool. This method can also be used on any of the GSLC chipboards as I will probably use later in my project.
6. I added Tim Holts Distress Sprays in Walnut Stain to add additional patina.
7. The second frame was aged using Finnabair rust pastes in greens, browns, and orange placed on randomly with a paintbrush. I then used transparent burnt sienna ink to fill in any empty spaces. Once again this technique can be used on any of the GSLC chipboard pieces.
8. The final frame was given a patina using Tim Holtz Distress Grit-Paste and Ferro-Copper Paste applied with a thin plastic spatula using a Snake Skin Stencil and further distressing with alcohol inks in browns and greens. Once again this technique can be used on any of the GSLC chipboard pieces.
9. For altering the GSLC Alphabet Stencil Blanks this time I will be Versa Mark Ink Pad, Embossing Powders, and a Heating Tool.
10. I used on PEARLustre Lapis, and Ranger Black Sparkle Embossing Powders on the GSLC Alphabet Stencil "R", Wendy Vecchi Red Geranium Embossing Powders on the GSLC Alphabet Stencil "V", and Tarnished Gold and Copper Embossing Powders on the "Y".
12. Find complimentary pieces of scrapbook papers for the backgrounds of your GSLC Alphabet Framed Designs. I used a gilded script for the "R", I used a Brick and distressed wall for the "V", and a wood grain for the "Y".
13. Cut and glue the appropriate images for each of Framed letters, securing with Weldbond.
14. Add the chosen Raven, Chandelier, and Snowflakes from each of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Sets to add further depth to your designs. I did not alter these chipboards in any way but used them in their original beauty.
15. Our GSLC Alphabet Stencils are complete for Letters "R","V" and "Y"
Some final thoughts.
"R" is for Ravens sometimes a messenger of death but this too may be a misconception.
Supplies: Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Alphabet Stencil Blanks, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Snowflake Shape Set, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-String Alongs - Gothic, 3 small 5" by 7" inch IKEA wooden frames, Matte Medium Ice Resins in Torched Copper and German Silver, Aged Hunter and Aged Copper Embossing Enamel, Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain in Walnut, Heating Tool, Finnabair Rust Pastes in Greens, Browns, and Orange, Transparent Burnt Sienna Ink, Paint Brush, Versa mark Ink Pad, Embossing Powders-Tarnished Gold, Copper, Wendy Vecchi Red Geranium, PEARLustre Lapis, and Ranger Black Sparkle, Pieces of scrapbook papers for the backgrounds, Various Printed Images of Monster and Mysterious Creatures using Inkjet Printer and paper, and Weldbond.
I cannot wait to see your interpretation of this project. Share it on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Craft Group Page on Facebook. I would love to see what new creations you are working on!